Planning Minutes – 28th April 2021
HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL
Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich, Essex CO12 3DS
Tel: 01255 507211
TOWN PLANNING COMMITTEE
Wednesday 28th April 2021 at 6.30pm
|Present:||Cllrs Calver, Chant, Davidson, Fay, J Henderson, McLeod, Morrison, Powell, Richardson, Saunders, D Smith, G Smith and Todd|
|In the Chair:||Councillor I Henderson|
|Clerk:||Ms Lucy Ballard|
|Also present:||0 member of the public, 0 members of the press and Admin. Assistant Jessica Griffiths|
Question Time: None
|P109/20||APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllrs Ferguson and Fowler
|P110/20||DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
|P111/20||MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
RESOLVED: that the minutes of the Town Planning meeting held on 6th April 2021 (previously circulated) be approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman as a true record.
|P112/20||MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
The Committee considered a schedule of planning applications for weeks ending 9th, 16th and 23rd April 2021.
RESOLVED: To submit comments to Tendring District Council.P114/20DETERMINATIONS
Members noted determinations of previously considered planning applications as notified by Tendring District Council:
· Approval of application 20/01382/FUL Demolition of existing house and flat over garage and construction of a new contemporary 4 bedroom dwelling, replacement of flat over garage linked with retained swimming pool, together with associated hard and soft landscaping. Arundel House, Fronks Avenue, Dovercourt, Harwich.
· Approval of application 21/00164/FUL Proposed redevelopment of site into 1no. two bedroom dwelling with associated landscaping and private amenity Land adjoining 1 Fitzgerald Cottages, Main Road, Harwich.
· Approval of application 21/00174/OUT Outline Application with all matters reserved for Change of Use from former Care Home (C2) to two residential dwellings (C3). Dovercourt House, 23 – 25 Fronks Road, Dovercourt, Harwich. Cllr Calver welcomed this application.P115/20
MATTERS RECEIVED IN THE POST OR RAISED BY MEMBERS
· Members noted a notification of Adoption of the East Suffolk Council Statement of Community Involvement. FOR INFORMATION ONLY.
· Members noted a temporary event notice – notification of sale of alcohol only on the premise at Dovercourt Boating Lake. FOR INFORMATION ONLY. Cllr J Henderson commented on the fantastic job they’re doing and that they’re opening every day and looking to put on events.
P116/20DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next Town Planning meeting is to be held remotely on Tuesday 4th May 2021 at 6.30pm.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 6.55pm
HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL:
Recommendations of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 28th April 2021.
|WEEK ENDING 9th April 2021|
Mr Andrew Mear
Thai Up at The Quay Restaurant
1 Eastgate Street
|Retention of 4no. roof vents in commercial kitchen and replacement boiler and horizontal flue (following submission of Planning Application ref: 20/01573/LBC)||
WEEK ENDING 16th April 2021
Dr Samuel Johnson-Schlee
15 George Street
|Proposed replacement of roof||
Mrs J Gardiner
20 Kings Quay Street
|Proposed tanking of existing basement following water ingress/flood damage.||
Mr John White
69 Devon Way
|Proposed single storey front extension.||
Objection on the grounds of overdevelopment and loss of light to the adjoining property.
Mr and Mrs Richard Hunter
3 Wick Lane
|Proposed single storey rear extension and alterations for private use||
|WEEK ENDING 23rd April 2021|
Mr Lomas – M D Ipswich Limited
723 Main Road
|Proposed erection of two pairs of semi-detached dwellings.||
Mr and Mrs Townsend
156 Fronks Road
|Erection of single storey extension (following demolition of existing conservatory)||