Weather Warning – Wednesday 1st – Thursday 2nd November 2023
The Met Office have issued the severe weather warning for WIND (HIGH impact, VERY LOW Likelihood), which now covers a larger area and is in place from 2100 Wednesday to 2359 Thursday.
In addition they have issued a new severe weather warning for WIND, (HIGH impact, LOW likelihood), which covers specifically coastal areas and is in force from 0600 Thursday to 2000 Thursday.
The severe weather warning for RAIN (MEDIUM impact, LOW likelihood), valid from 1800 Wednesday to 2359 Thursday, does not extend to our area, but we can expect to see some heavy showers as the weather system passes through.
What to expect
- Flying debris could result in a danger to life
- Damage to buildings and homes is possible, with roofs blown off and power lines and trees brought down
- Roads, bridges and railway lines may close, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights
- Power cuts could occur and affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- There is potential for large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties
In Tendring we are likely to see the strongest winds around Thursday late afternoon and then into the evening.