Weather warning – Thunderstorms – Saturday 8th July
The Met Office have issued a weather warning for Thunderstorms for our area, the warning is in force from 0900 Saturday 8th July until 2359 Saturday night.
After speaking to the Met Office advisor the storms will be sporadic but very heavy if you are caught up in one.
Potential impacts could be:
- Flooding of homes and businesses could happen quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, causing a danger to life
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Some communities might become cut off if roads flood
- Power cuts might occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost