Harwich Town Council

The Guildhall,
Church Street,
Harwich. CO12 3DS

t: 01255 507211
e: info@harwichtowncouncil.co.uk
Hours: 9.30am – 1pm Monday, Wednesday & Friday

Allotments Minutes 18th December 2013

MINUTES of the Meeting of the ALLOTMENTS COMMITTEE
held at
The Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich
on
Wednesday 18th December 2013 at 7.00pm

Present: Councillors King, Morrison, Calver, J Henderson, F Powell, C Powell, Thompson and McLeod
In the Chair: Councillor A Todd
Clerk: Michelle Townsend
Also present: Site Representatives Mrs Steward, Mr Button, Mr Mesher, Mr McCoy, Mr O’Hara and Miss Clark
1 member of the public and no members of the press

PUBLIC QUESTION TIME:

None

A54/13 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Nicholson, substituted by Councillor C Powell
A55/13 DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
None
A56/13 MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
RESOLVED: that the minutes of the Allotments meeting held on 23rd October 2013 (previously circulated) be approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman as a true record.FURTHER RESOLVED: that the confidential minutes of the Allotments meeting held on
23rd October 2013 (previously circulated) be approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman as a true record.
A57/13 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Site Representative Mr Button made Members aware that as agreed, he has always placed minutes on the notice board at Boatswains Call, once they had been approved at the following meeting.
A58/13 VACANT PLOTS/ WAITING LIST/NOTICES TO QUIT
The Clerk advised members of the following:

  • 12 people on the waiting list (waiting for specific sites or plots)
  • No NTQs issued since the last meeting
  • 4 vacant plots
    The Clerk confirmed that a small article has been sent to the Harwich & Manningtree Standard to encourage interest. Members approved a poster to be displayed on the website and prominent places around the Town.
A59/13 SITE REPS REPORT
Mrs Steward – Nothing to report.
Mr McCoy- The plot holder for the newly created plot at Long Meadows is making good progress.Mr Button – The vacant plots at BC are now getting quite overgrown.Mr Mesher – There are no issues other than the vacant plot following plot 4 being halved.Miss Clark – Nothing to report.
Mr O’Hara – The repair work to the gate and fence was still outstanding.   The Clerk agreed to chase the contractor.
A60/13 AUDIT OF ALLOTMENT MAPS
The Clerk made members aware that the allotment maps required updating and asked for assistance from the Site Representatives.
RESOLVED: Site Representatives to review their allotment site and notified the Clerk of any necessary amendments.
A61/13 DRAFT VACATED ALLOTMENT FORM
Members reviewed the form which will assist with the process when vacating a plot.RESOLVED: Form to be adopted and utilised by the office and Site Representatives.
A62/13 MATTERS RECEIVED IN THE POST OR RAISED BY MEMBERS
The Chairman commended the work of plot holders at King Georges Avenue following their teamwork and assistance with erecting a fence at the site.
A63/13 MATTERS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS (for information purposes only)
Members agreed for the following items to be placed on future agendas:
– Calculation of water rates
– Rent review
– Tool Hire
A64/13 TO RESOLVE TO PERMIT SITE REPRESENTATIVES TO REMAIN IN THE MEETING DURING CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS
RESOLVED: To permit the Site Representative to remain in the meeting during confidential business.
A65/13 TIME AND DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting of the Allotments Committee will be held at The Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich on Tuesday 18th February at 7pm

The Chairman closed the public part of the meeting at 7.50pm