HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL
Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich, Essex CO12 3DS
Tel: 01255 507211
Clerk: Ms Lucy Ballard
TO ALL COUNCILLORS:
YOU ARE SUMMONED TO ATTEND A MEETING
Of HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL
To be held at
The Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich
on Tuesday 7th January 2020 at 7pm
Or at the rise of the TOWN PLANNING MEETING, whichever is the later
|1||Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence
|2||Declarations of Members’ Interests
To receive any ‘pecuniary’ or ‘personal’ interests relating to items on the agenda
Questions pursuant to Standing Order 3
|4||Safer Essex Roads Partnership Volunteers – Harwich & District
To receive a short presentation from Dave Blakiston on the recently-formed group.
|5||New Waste Management Arrangements
To discuss the concerns of Harwich Town Council with Cllr Talbot, Cabinet member for Waste & Recycling and Jon Hamlet, Head of Service, at Tendring District Council.
The Mayor to give a brief report of engagements undertaken since the last meeting.
|7||Minutes of Last Meeting
• To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting of Harwich Town Council held on 26th November 2019 (circulated separately).
|8|| Matters Arising from the Minutes of the Last Meeting
• MIN 091/19 – To confirm meeting with PFCC is changed from 15th Jan to 13th Jan.
• MIN 092/19 – To confirm submission has been made to English Heritage and will be taken into consideration when making their final assessment.
|9||Matters Arising from the Minutes of Previous Meetings|
|10||Key Priorites 2020/21
To agree on key priorities for the 2020/21 financial year
|11||Interim Internal Audit
To receive the audit report following an internal audit on 17th December 2019 and to agree a plan of action for any issues raised.
|12||Hill School restoration project
To agree to proceed with the replacement of the roof to building 4 subject to budgetary provision, with quotations to be considered in the confidential part of the meeting.
|13||The Grange Consultation
To consider consultation documents in relation to ‘The Grange’ and decide whether to submit a response prior to 7th February.
|14||Budget & Precept
To consider budget recommendations and set the precept for the 2020/21 financial year.
|15||Brief Reports by Members appointed to outside bodies by the Council|
|16||Minutes of the Last Environment & Community Committee Meeting
• To receive the Minutes of the Environment & Community Committee meeting held on 5th December 2019 (circulated separately)
|17||Minutes of the Last Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting
• To receive the Minutes and Confidential Minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting held on 10th December 2019 (circulated separately)
To receive the financial update and accounting reports and to approve accounts for payment as per the schedule (circulated separately)
|19||Correspondence Received in the Post or Raised by Members
• Latest report(s) from PCSO Amy Robinson (for information) and to consider any new hot spots
• Letter regarding the inclusion of live animals during festive events.
|20||Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting of Harwich Town Council is scheduled to be held on Tuesday 25th February 2020 at The Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich, at 7.00pm, or at the rise of the Town Planning Committee, whichever is the later
|21||Exclusion of Press and Public
Pursuant to Sub-Section 2 of Section 1 of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 the meeting is closed to the press and public for the transaction of the under-mentioned business:
• Hill School – Building 4 roof replacement
|22||Hill School – Building 4 roof replacement
To consider quotations for the replacement of the roof of building 4
Dated: 2nd January 2020
Ms Lucy Ballard
Clerk to the Council