HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL
Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich, Essex CO12 3DS
Tel: 01255 507211
Clerk: Ms Lucy Ballard
TO ALL COUNCILLORS:
YOU ARE SUMMONED TO ATTEND A MEETING
Of HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL
To be held at
The Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich
on Tuesday 2nd April 2019 at 7pm
Or at the rise of the TOWN PLANNING MEETING, whichever is the later
|1||Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence
|2||Declarations of Members’ Interests
To receive any ‘pecuniary’ or ‘personal interests relating to items on the agenda
Question’s pursuant to Standing Order 1e
Meet and Greet new PCSO
To note receipt of list of recent engagements undertaken since the last meeting
|6||Minutes of Last Meeting
• To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting of Harwich Town Council held on 26th February 2019 (circulated separately).
|7||Matters Arising from the Minutes of the Last Meeting
• MIN 144/18 – Members to receive confirmation that PCSO agreement was duly revised and has been signed by the Clerk and returned.
• MIN 132/18 – To report Christmas lighting was referred to F&GP and has been agreed to proceed with current scheme for 2019/20 and to investigate alternative options/quotations for future years.
• MIN 145/18 – Clerk to report progress following submission of a Listing & Designation application in respect of the former train ferry gantry.
|8||Matters Arising from the Minutes of Previous Meetings|
|9||Resignation of Councillor
To note resignation of Councillor Maison Urwin
• To consider the recommendations of the Independent Remuneration Panel and review and agree the Councillor and Mayoral Allowances for the Municipal Year 2019-20.
• To agree the Mayor Making allowance for 2019/20
• To agree on travel and subsistence allowances (mileage payments)
To approve annual subscriptions payable during the present financial year.
To authorise regular payments (inc. those by Direct Debit) for the present financial year.
• To agree to appoint Heather Heelis of Heelis & Lodge as HTC’s Internal Auditor for the Financial Year 2019-20
• To approve the Scope of Internal Audit work
|14||Electric Palace Trust
To consider grant funding application
To establish a Mayor’s reception following each set of ordinary local elections (4-yearly) to present members leaving the council with town plaques as appropriate under current policy, with the level of expenditure to be approved prior to each reception.
|16||Minutes of the Last Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting
• To receive the Minutes and Confidential Minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting held on 20th March 2019 (previously circulated)
• To ratify the decision of the committee in relation to MIN F117/18
• To consider recommendations of the committee in relation to grant funding for the following:
• Harwich International Shanty Festival £3000
• Harwich Festival of the Arts £4670
• The Harwich Society (Harwich in Bloom) £3000
• To receive the Minutes and Confidential Minutes of the Extraordinary Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting held on 26th February 2019 (previously circulated)
|17||Brief Reports by Members appointed to outside bodies by the Council|
|18||Minutes of the Last Allotments Committee Meeting
• To receive the Minutes and Confidential Minutes of the Allotments Committee meeting held on 28th March 2019 (previously circulated)
To receive the financial report and to approve accounts for payment as per the schedule (previously circulated)
|20||Correspondence Received in the Post or Raised by Members
• To note insurance premium of £4319.95 for 2019/20 (year 3 of a 3-year Long-term agreement), to be expended from the Premises budget.
|21||Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting of Harwich Town Council will be held on a date to be agreed at The Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich, at 7.00pm, or at the rise of the Town Planning Committee, whichever is the later.
The annual statutory and Mayor Making meeting will be held on Thursday 23 May 2019 at The Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich, at 11am.
Dated: 27th March 2019
Ms Lucy Ballard
Clerk to the Council