HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL
Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich, Essex CO12 3DS
Tel: 01255 507211
Clerk: Ms Lucy Ballard
TO ALL COUNCILLORS:
YOU ARE SUMMONED TO ATTEND A MEETING
Of HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL
To be held at
on Tuesday 6th April 2021 at 7pm
Or at the rise of the TOWN PLANNING MEETING, whichever is the later
Members of the public wishing to attend the meeting should contact the clerk to the council for joining instructions
|1||Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence
|2||Declarations of Members’ Interests
To receive any ‘pecuniary’ or ‘personal interests relating to items on the agenda
Questions pursuant to Standing Order 3
The Mayor to give a brief report of engagements undertaken since the last meeting.
|5||Minutes of Last Meeting
• To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting of Harwich Town Council held on 17th February 2021 (circulated separately).
|6||Matters Arising from the Minutes of the Last Meeting
MIN 119/20 – To consider response to letter to Cllr Kevin Bentley of ECC regarding salt/gritting provision within Harwich.
|7||Matters Arising from the Minutes of Previous Meetings
MIN 038/20 – Renewal agreement received for PCSO provision wef 1st April for 2-year period. Signed and returned.
• To review and agree the Councillor and Mayoral Allowances for the Municipal Year 2021-22.
• To agree the Mayor Making allowance for 2021
• To agree on travel and subsistence allowances (mileage payments)
(Report circulated separately)
To approve annual subscriptions which become payable during the 2021/22 financial year.
To authorise regular payments (inc. those by Direct Debit) for the 2021/22 financial year.
|11|| Internal Auditor
• To agree to appoint Heather Heelis of Heelis & Lodge as HTC’s Internal Auditor for the Financial Year 2021-22 at a cost of £420.
• To approve the Scope of Internal Audit work
|12||Annual Parish Meeting
To consider whether to hold an Annual Parish Meeting in 2021.
|13||Mayor Making 2021
To consider a change of venue for the 2021 Annual Statutory and Mayor Making meeting.
Cllr I Henderson
To consider options for a skate park event for 2021.
a) Skate park festival
b) Talent Pathway Programme
(Details circulated separately)
|15||Train Ferry Gantry
To consider correspondence between Tendring District Council (TDC) councillors and TDC regarding the Train Ferry Gantry and decide on any necessary action.
|16||Scheme of Delegation
To consider and approve a scheme of delegation following 7th May 2021.
|17||Former Starlings Site
To consider a response to former Starlings site consultation.
Cllr I Henderson
|18||Minutes of the Last Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting
• To receive the Minutes and Confidential Minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting held on 23rd March 2021 (previously circulated)
• To consider recommendations of the committee in relation to grant funding for the following:
• Harwich International Shanty Festival £2550
• The Harwich Society (Harwich in Bloom) £3000
|19||Brief Reports by Members appointed to outside bodies by the Council
|20||Minutes of the Last Allotments Committee Meeting
• To receive the Minutes and Confidential Minutes of the Allotments Committee meeting held on 18th March 2021 (previously circulated)
To receive the financial report and to approve accounts for payment as per the schedule (previously circulated)
|22||Correspondence Received in the Post or Raised by Members
• Report(s) from PCSO Ryan Duffett (for information)
• To note insurance premium of £4751.22 for 2021/22 (year 2 of a 3-year Long-term agreement), to be expended from the Premises budget.
|23||Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting of Harwich Town Council will be held on a date to be agreed at The Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich, at 7.00pm, or at the rise of the Town Planning Committee, whichever is the later.The annual statutory and Mayor Making meeting will be held on Thursday 20 May 2021 at a venue to be decided, Harwich, at 11am.
Dated: 30th March 2021
Ms Lucy Ballard
Clerk to the Council