HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL
Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich, Essex CO12 3DS
Tel: 01255 507211
Clerk: Ms L Ballard
A meeting of the Allotments Committee
To be held at
The Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich
Thursday 24th March 2022 at 7pm
Public Question Time:
15 minutes will be available for members of the public to ask questions in relation to items on the agenda only
|1||Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence
|2||Declarations of Members’ Interests
To receive any ‘pecuniary’ or ‘personal’ interests relating to items on the agenda
|3||Minutes of the Last Meeting
•To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the Allotments Committee meeting held on 27th January 2022 (circulated separately).
|4||Matters Arising from the Minutes
To discuss and act upon information received following previous actions in relation to the
• A34/21 – Redoubt Hedge and Footpath – To update on condition of hedge and to make decision on whether to proceed with cutting back, giving consideration to the following options.1) Hedge cut back to fence line and remove waste
2) Hedge cut back to fence line, reduce height to 6ft and remove waste
Quotations to be considered under confidential business.
• A39/21 – Fence repairs at Dunns Meadow – Confirmation that repairs were carried out, authorised under delegated authority.
• A39/21 – KGA tap – Confirmation that the tap on King Georges Avenue site has been fixed and a request for all keys to be returned.
|5||Matters Arising from Previous Minutes
To discuss and act upon information received following previous actions in relation to the following items:
• MIN A35/21 – Platinum Jubilee Celebrations – To confirm that flyers have been received from the Harwich Festival and displayed at allotment sites.
|6||Vacant Plots/Waiting List/Notices to Quit|
|7||Site Representative Reports|
Clerk to provide update in income and expenditure.
|9||Requests for Ponds and Wild Flower Areas
|10||Request for Bee Hive
To consider request for a bee hive on Plot LM08A
|11||Cherry Tree Removal from Redoubt
To agree to proceed with the removal of a fallen Cherry Tree which borders Plot TR?? Quotations to be considered under Confidential Business.
|12||Matters Received in the Post, to be Reported or Raised by Members
• Notification received by tenants of DM allotments of fallen tree in neighbouring property. Clerk wrote to residents of Fronks Road to request remaining trees are surveyed for stability.
• To note request for change in duration of winter months bonfire lighting times and agree to consider at next meeting.
|13||Time and Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting of the Allotments Committee will be held at 7pm on a date to be confirm at The Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich.
|14||Exclusion of Public and Press
Pursuant to Sub-Section 2 of Section 1 of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 the meeting to be closed to the press and public for the transaction of the under-mentioned business:
• Cherry Tree Removal• Redoubt Hedge
|15||Cherry Tree Removal
To consider quotation for removal of Cherry Tree which borders plot TR??
To consider the following options for Hedge Cutting at the Redoubt and agree whether to pursue further estimates in respect of option 2.
1) Hedge cut back to fence line and remove waste £936
2) Hedge cut back to fence line, reduce height to 6ft and remove waste £2500
Dated: 17th March 2022
Ms Lucy Ballard
Clerk to the Council