Planning Minutes – 6th July 2021
HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL
Guildhall, Church Street, Harwich, Essex CO12 3DS
Tel: 01255 507211
TOWN PLANNING COMMITTEE
The Mayflower Primary School, Main Road, Dovercourt
Tuesday 6th July 2021 at 6.30pm
|Present:||Cllrs Chant, Davidson, Fay, J Henderson, Morrison, Powell, Richardson,
D Smith, G Smith and Todd
|In the Chair:||Councillor I Henderson|
|Clerk:||Ms Lucy Ballard|
|Also present:||0 members of the public and 0 members of the press|
Question Time: None
|P009/21||APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllrs Calver, Ferguson, Fowler, Saunders and McLeod.
|P010/21||DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS’ INTERESTS
|P011/21||MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
This item is deferred until the next meeting as the minutes were not circulated with the agenda.
|P012/21||MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
P004/21 – Members received confirmation a letter in relation to application 21/00426/FUL had been submitted to the Planning Officer.
The Committee considered a schedule of planning applications for week ending 25th June and 2nd July.
RESOLVED: To submit comments to Tendring District Council.
Members noted determinations of previously considered planning applications as notified by Tendring District Council:
· Full approval of application 20/01426/FUL – Change of use from mixed café bar and residential to solely residential, 17 George Street, Harwich.
|P015/21||MATTERS RECEIVED IN THE POST OR RAISED BY MEMBERS
Members noted the following items of correspondence.
• Premises Licence Variation – British Flag Public House, 56 West Street, Harwich. Cllr Todd asked if the opening hours had been approved. Cllr J Henderson said it only goes to committee if there are a lot of objections or the police have asked for an existing licence to be reviewed because there’s been issues; otherwise it goes to the officer to determine and is often passed. She explained that the way in which licencing applications are determined differs to that of Planning applications.
• Premises Licence Variation – DCS Enterprise Solutions Ltd, 1 Midland House, High Street, Dovercourt. Cllr G Smith was unsure what the variation was to the licence but felt it related to the restrictions imposed on indoor seating during the pandemic. Cllr I Henderson concurred and said it was likely a continuation of this. Cllr J Henderson suggested TDC is asked to request that the licensee makes sure to keep within their designated boundary and not cause an obstruction to the pathway, which has been observed recently. Perhaps this could be managed with some form of partition or panelling, which is often used to cordon off an area. The clerk agreed to raise these issues with the licensing officer.
• Tendring’s Local Plan news release.
• Appeal Decision – 19/00249/FUL – Proposed two storey dwelling with a vehicular and pedestrian access from existing private driveway, 45 Manor Lane, Dovercourt.
• Appeal Decision – 20/00136/FUL – Proposed erection of a new 3 bedroomed detached bungalow and garage, 3 Frobisher Road, Dovercourt. Cllr J Henderson called this in at the district council and it was originally refused by the planning authority but has been overturned by the Planning Inspectorate.
|P016/21||DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next Town Planning meeting is to be held on Tuesday 27th July 2021 at The Mayflower Primary School, Main Road, Dovercourt at 6.30pm.
The chairman closed the meeting at 6.48pm
HARWICH TOWN COUNCIL:
Recommendations of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 6th July 2021.
|WEEK ENDING 30th April 2021|
Mr Steve and Mrs Tracy Messenger
4 The Saltings
|Erection of single storey side extension and front porch extension||No Objection|
36 Gordon Road
|Erection of single storey rear extension, first floor side and rear extension, front porch extension and rendering of external elevations (following demolition of existing conservatory)
|WEEK ENDING 2nd July 2021|
11 Kreswell Grove Dovercourt
FOR INFORMATION ONLY
|Proposed single storey rear extension. (Height: 3.6m, Depth: 3.7m)||Noted|