Important roadworks information
A120 Horsley Cross Roundabout to Cansey Lane, in both directions: resurfacing
A120 Ramsey Roundabout to Parkeston Roundabout, in both directions: resurfacing
We plan to complete this work over eleven weeks in total starting from Monday 26 October to Wednesday 17 December. We will return after the Christmas period between Monday 4 January to Friday 23 January, working weeknights only between 8pm to 6am, subject to weather conditions.
These works have been split into two phases which are detailed below. During this work we will stagger our westbound and eastbound closures so that traffic is only diverted in one direction at a time. We have liaised closely with the Local Highway Authority to agree the most suitable diversion routes for these works.
Phase 1: A120 Horsley Cross Roundabout to Cansey Lane, in both directions
- Westbound closures will be in place between the above locations on Monday 26 October, Friday 30 October, Monday 2 November and Thursday 5 November to Monday 9 November.
- Eastbound closures will be in place between the above locations from Tuesday 27 October to Thursday 29 October, Tuesday 3 November to Wednesday 4 November and on Tuesday 10 November.
- Traffic wanting to travel westbound on the A120 from Harwich will be diverted from Ramsey Roundabout via the B1352, B1414 to Thorpe-le-Soken, B1033, A133 to re-join the A120 via the A133 link at Hare Green.
- Traffic wanting to travel eastbound on the A120 will be diverted off the A120 at Horsley Cross Roundabout to follow the B1035 to Manningtree, B1352 to re-join the A120 at Ramsey Roundabout.
Phase 2: A120 Ramsey Roundabout to Parkeston Roundabout, in both directions
- Westbound closures will be in place between the above locations from Monday 30 November to Friday 4 December, Tuesday 8 December to Wednesday 9 December.
- Eastbound closures will be in place between the above locations from Monday 23 November to Thursday 26 November, Monday 7 December, Thursday 10 December to Friday 11 December.
- Westbound and Eastbound closures will also be in place from Monday 14 December to Wednesday 17 December and Monday 4 January to Wednesday 20 January between the above locations.
- Traffic will be diverted off the A120 at Parkeston Roundabout via Parkeston Road and the B1352 before re-joining the A120 at Ramsey Roundabout. This diversion route will be in place for traffic travelling in both directions.
A copy of the diversion route maps can be found in the attached document.
Please be assured all our sites have strict safeguarding measures to prevent the spread of COVID19 and none of our sites are open to the public. We will be carrying out all works following safety guidelines set by the Government.
Find out more
To stay informed about all the latest major roadworks happening near you, visit www.gov.uk/government/organisations/highways-england to register for the latest alerts. If you have any enquiries please contact the Highways England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phase 1: A120 Horsley Cross Roundabout to Cansey Lane
Phase 2: A120 Ramsey Roundabout to Parkeston