|‘Octopus Ahoy!’ is a mass appeal, large-scale public art event to celebrate local links to Mayflower 400. After being postponed in 2020, the ‘Octopus Ahoy!’ sculpture trail is forging ahead in 2021 and playing an active role in encouraging visitors and residents alike to reinvigorate the local economy.
Similar events have been staged in recent years all over the world, with local examples in Ipswich (‘Pigs Gone Wild’) and Colchester Zoo (‘Stand Tall for Giraffes’). The sculptures are decorated by local artists and then displayed across the District for 10 weeks, creating a trail for people to visit. At the end of the 10 weeks, the sculptures will be displayed in Harwich and auctioned for the benefit of local charities.
The Trail is being created and delivered on behalf of Mayflower 400 by KAT Marketing in partnership with Tendring District Council and the Harwich Tourism Group.
What are the Opportunities for Local Businesses?
Businesses, community groups, education establishments, and individuals are invited to sponsor sculptures.
Sponsorship of individual sculptures can:
- Raise awareness of your company/organisation/group
- Showcase and bring footfall to your site
- Support the local creative sector
- Support local charities and fulfil your organisation’s goals for corporate social responsibility
- Use this opportunity to creatively engage your employees, customers and associates
- Benefit from association with your own unique ‘feel good’ stories in the media, internal communications and trade publications
To find out more about sponsorship opportunities and costs, sponsors already on board, or more about the Trail as a whole, please click here